Re: Support special keys on laptop by default?

Hello Sushant,

Sushant Gulati wrote:
> Can you help me  by telling where do you see the output that you have
> reproduced when you press the keys.? Actually I have a problem with the keys
> on my laptop too and I would too like to start from the first errors or
> warnings.

With the command 'dmesg' :)

Cheers,
Niels

> Regards,
> Sushant
>

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Niels de Vos <niels.devos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> on my HP/Compaq nc6400 there are three keys (info, presentation and
>> battery) not directly recognized. If I press any of the keys, I get:
>>
>> atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xd9 on
>> isa0060/serio0).
>> atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e059 <keycode>' to make it known.
>>
>> I would like to have these keys mapped by default to the
>> corresponding defines in <linux/input.h>. Of course using the
>> command as suggested would function, but that does not help other
>> owners of this laptop. Moreover, other keys seem to be supported
>> without requiring extra manual configuration.
>>
>> Where should I start looking for creating a patch for solving
>> problems of this kind? There seem to be quirks in atkbd.c, but
>> I think they are used for some other workarounds.
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers,
>> Niels

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ACPI]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]