Re: kselftest build broken?

>> I've deleted the test that caused reboot for now and the
run_kselftest.sh script finished running, but I can't understand the
result. Is it all passed? Or something failed? What failed?
The output is as follows:

... screens of output ...
# make swap with zram device(s)
[ 5335.215175] Adding 1020k swap on /dev/zram0.  Priority:-2 extents:1
across:1020k SSFS
# done with /dev/zram0
# zram making zram mkswap and swapon: OK
# zram swapoff: OK
# zram cleanup
[ 5335.420825] zram0: detected capacity change from 1048576 to 0
# zram02 : [PASS]
ok 1 selftests: zram: zram.sh
~/kselftest#

Hi Dmitry,

This is the 6th email from you in a span of 3 hours! I am just going to
respond this last one. Please try to summarize your questions instead of
sending email storm, so it will be easier to parse and more productive
for both of us.

I am not sure what you are asking here. kselftest has bunch of tests,
and you have to look at individual test results to see if they passed
or failed. If you are looking for aggregate result, ksefltest doesn't
keep track of that.

docs say:

"The above commands by default run the tests and print full pass/fail report.
Kselftest supports "summary" option to make it easier to understand the test
results....
   $ make summary=1 kselftest
"

If you want to build and run tests on the same test system use
the following commands, after building kernel and rebooting the newly
installed kernel:

make kselftest or make -C tools/testing/selftests run_tests

If you want to just build and install to default location run:
make -C tools/testing/selftests install
This installs under tools/testing/selftests/install and creates
run_kselftest.sh

You can specify INSTALL_PATH as follows:

export INSTALL_PATH=/tmp/kselftest;
make -C tools/testing/selftest/install

I am seeing an error

/bin/sh: 1: llvm-readelf: not found
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'emit_tests'.  Stop.
chmod u+x /tmp/kselftest/run_kselftest.sh

in both of the above. Something broke and I will look into it.
This doesn't break the install and run_kselftest.sh generation

About summary option:

make  -C tools/testing/selftests/ summary=1 install
probably should generate summary from emit_tests target, but I am
not sure if it is working.

thanks,
-- Shuah