Re: TAP 13 output format

On 4/8/19 10:46 AM, Kees Cook wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on writing a LKDTM selftest, and I noticed that the output
format for the existing selftest tests don't seem to actually conform
to the TAP 13 specification[1]. Namely, there is a ton of output
between the "ok" and "not ok" lines, in various places for various
reasons. IIUC, the spec says these lines should follow the "ok" lines
and be (at least) indented to be parsed as YAML.

How does the existing CI do the selftest output parsing? Is there some
other spec I should have read for the correct interpretation here?
(TAP 13 says this part isn't exactly agreed on yet.)

===============================
It is possible, we missed the making a distinction and adding a
diagnostic block, as in the following example.

TAP version 13
1..N
ok 1 Description # Directive
# Diagnostic
  ---
  message: 'Failure message'
  severity: fail
  data:
    got:
      - 1
      - 3
      - 2
    expect:
      - 1
      - 2
      - 3
ok 47 Description
ok 48 Description

We discussed the nesting TAB13 support a bit, but I don't think we
talked much about the diagnostic type messages that tests print that
end up between the header and the ok/notok lines.

Can you point me to the TAP parser you are using? I would like to
run a few tests and see if we can make it fully TAP13 compliant.

thanks,
-- Shuah