Re: x86/resctrl: Use seq_putc() in two functions

>> Single characters should be put into a sequence.
>> Thus use the corresponding function “seq_putc”.
>>
>> This issue was transformed by using the Coccinelle software.
>
> Could you please point me to how you accomplished this?
…

Maybe.

> Is this a new coccinelle script outside of the kernel

I constructed small scripts for the semantic patch language according to
the presented code refactoring a while ago.

> or still on its way upstream?

I am curious if such a transformation approach can eventually be integrated
for the coccicheck tool.

> Could you please highlight the benefit of this change? Looking at seq_puts() implementation, thanks
> to [1], it seems to me these seq_puts() calls will result in seq_putc() anyway?

If the appropriate function call would be directly used, extra optimisation efforts can be avoided
by the compiler.

Regards,
Markus