Re: [cocci] Increasing usage of spinlock guards (with SmPL)?

>> Would you become interested to support the conversion of another tiny script
>> (like the following) for the semantic patch language into a corresponding
>> SmPL script variant which can be used together with the tool “coccicheck”
>> any more?
>>
>> @replacement@
>> expression e;
>> @@
>> -raw_spin_lock
>> +guard(raw_spinlock_irq)
>>               (&e);
>>  ... when != e
>>      when any
>> -raw_spin_unlock(&e);
>
> What exactly is the problem?  I tried this rule and it worked fine.

* Such a simple SmPL script is working to some degree under the constraints
  of some known software limitations.
  Thus there are challenges to consider for the rating of the corresponding
  application confidence.

* I would also appreciate further positive indications for the integration
  of coccicheck SmPL script variants.

Regards,
Markus