Re: auxdisplay: ht16k33: Drop device node reference after registration failure in ht16k33_led_probe()

On Tue, Jun 04, 2024 at 08:15:35PM +0200, Markus Elfring wrote:
> > But, by design we don't use reference counting after we registered LED,
> > hence both error and successful paths need to have this,
>
> Do you indicate really special data processing constraints here?

Nothing special, either we hold reference for the entire life time of the
device or not. For LEDS the convention is not to hold.

> > so add another fwnode_handle_put() after this branch.
>
> Will this suggestion trigger any further clarifications for the affected software?

You need to put an fwnode handle in both paths: inside the if branch as you
have done (error path) and missing one is after that needs to be added.

Just address my comments and I believe everyone will be happy about it.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko