Re: iommu/ipmmu-vmsa: Use devm_platform_get_and_ioremap_resource() in ipmmu_probe()

On 2024-02-05 1:02 pm, Markus Elfring wrote:
Thus reuse existing functionality instead of keeping duplicate source code.

Much as I detest the get_and_ioremap_resource obfuscator, it's not even appropriate here since nothing else is using "res".

I got the impression that this local variable is needed to perform
a desired function call.

Yes, the call to devm_ioremap_resource(). Which you're proposing to remove...

I propose to replace a specific function call combination
by an other single call for a known wrapper function.
The mentioned variable is preserved for this purpose.

No. If you believe in cleaning up code, please apply your brain and clean up code *meaningfully* - others seem to have managed it just fine (e.g. [1][2] at random from a quick search on lore). Hell, I think even the original now-deleted script could auto-generate a proper patch for situations where devm_platform_ioremap_resource() was appropriate - there is zero excuse for doing a *worse* job 4 years later.

If on the other hand your interest is not to actually clean up the code for the good of the community, but to stoke your own ego as a "contributor" of shitty patches that annoy people and reinforce the popular impression that you are in fact an AI, please stop, or at the very least please refrain from doing so in any areas I review or maintain.

Thanks,
Robin.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20191013152716.1830911-1-jic23@xxxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20200412135023.3831-1-aishwaryarj100@xxxxxxxxx/