Re: KTODO automated TODO lists

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 at 09:00, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How to handle the (unfortunately fairly common) case of
> reply-with-CC-of-forgotten-relevant-person_added?

One option might be to just do a proper non-quoting reply and have a
link to lore for context for the originally-forgotten person.

I've done that anyway several times, where I reply to something, and
bring in new people, and add a lore link for context.

I wouldn't have recommended that a few years ago, but lore has been so
reliable (and reliably fast - not usually the case for most email
archives) that I think it's a great way to fill people in.

But yes, it does end up being a "outside email" thing. I suspect we're
all good with that these days - the days of people working in text
terminals purely out of email are long gone anyway, methinks.

Anyway, I'm in no way trying to say this is the way forward, but I do
agree with Andrew that we've seen quite a bit of "long messages that
are mostly quoting", and it's not great.

              Linus