Re: [v5 0/1] dax: enable dax fault handler to report VM_FAULT_HWPOISON

Markus Elfring wrote:
> >> Would you insist on the usage of cover letters also for single patches?
> >
> > I would neither insist on it, nor prohibit it.
>
> It seems that you can tolerate an extra message here.
>

> > It simply does not make enough difference.
>
> Can it occasionally be a bit nicer to receive all relevant information within a single patch
> instead of a combination of two messages?

No, I am the maintainer of this code and everything I needed to judge
this patch was provided. This cover letter only included inter-version
details and anything relevant for the kernel history is included in the
patch itself.

For any code I maintain inter-version details below the --- line or in a
0/1 cover letter are perfectly acceptable.

Please, if the review feedback is arbitrary, as it is in this case,
strongly consider not offering it.