Re: new TODO list item

 Le 21/04/2020 à 10:12, Christoph Hellwig a écrit :
> Hi Janitors,
>
> if someone feels like helping with a fairly trivial legacy API, the
> wrappers in include/linux/pci-dma-compat.h should go away.  This is
> mostly trivially scriptable, except for dma_alloc_coherent, where
> the GFP_ATOMIC passed by pci_alloc_consistent should usually be replaced
> with GFP_KERNEL when not calling from an atomic context.

 Hi,
 just a small update on the work on progress:

 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.8/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 88 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.9/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 62 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.10-rc1/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 32 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.11-rc1/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 20 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.12-rc1/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 12 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.13-rc1/A/ident/pci_alloc_consistent
     --> 6 files (4 in drivers/message/fusion)

 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.8/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 26 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.9/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 19 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.10-rc1/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 11 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.11-rc1/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 4 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.12-rc1/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 3 files
 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.13-rc1/A/ident/pci_zalloc_consistent
     --> 1 file

So, I hope that this job will be finished for the next -rc.

However, any help for 'drivers/message/fusion' would be appreciated.

My strategy to check all callers to be sure that GFP_KERNEL or GFP_ATOMIC is fine doesn't work well here.
Someone with a more global view of this (huge) driver would help a lot.

Also, at the beginning, I planned only to make the pci_[z]alloc_consistent part. So now that is it mostly done, if anyone feel like looking at the other conversions, it should be only some mechanical stuff.

CJ