Re: [v4] coccicheck: Support search for SmPL scripts within selected directory hierarchy

>> Please reconsider also the section “Using Coccinelle with a single semantic patch”:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/dev-tools/coccinelle.rst?id=f877bee5ea0b56c39cd0a243e113a577b5a4ef92#n151
>
> Could we add new lines?

Yes, of course.

> How about the following?

I suggest to improve the case distinction for the make (and environment)
variable “COCCI” also by adjusting the document outline.
* Empty string
* Directory selection
* File name specification

See also:
https://docutils.readthedocs.io/en/sphinx-docs/user/rst/quickstart.html#sections

> The optional make variable COCCI can be used to search SmPL scripts in a
> directory. In that case, the variable must be initialized with the name of

… it should be set to …

> directory contains SmPL scripts.

a directory which contains scripts for the semantic patch language.

Regards,
Markus