Re: I2C-Octeon: Use common error handling code in octeon_i2c_probe()

> NAK.  We don't need any more Markus Elfring spam.

Why do you not like another update suggestion for this use case?

>> Add a jump target so that a specific error message is stored only once
>> at the end of this function implementation.
>
> Please read C standard about duplicate literal strings to see
> why this is a completely misleading and false statement.

* I proposed to adjust the position for one function call, didn't I?

* Do you care for a bit of code reduction?

* Do you prefer to use an optimisation option like “-fmerge-constants”
  (instead of integrating the shown small change)?

Regards,
Markus