Re: [Patch] Staging: winbond: Made local functions static

On Thursday 30 May 2013 06:38 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Hi Harsh,
>
> Here are some notes on the devel process.
>
> You should probably include the driver devel list in the CC.  I
> always include one public development mailing list.  Normally I
> don't include LKML if I have another devel list CC'd.
>
> In staging we're trying to merge patches as fast as we can so our
> standards are slightly lower than things in the mm/ directory for
> example.
>
> Your last two patches have had too many unrelated whitespace changes
> mixed in.  They were small and this is staging so no one commented
> on it.  But it's best to avoid that.
>
> When someone gives a review comment like my comment on u8 vs int or
> Walter's comment on Set_ChanIndep_RfData_al7230_50(), that's not
> stuff you introduced so it could be fixed later/ignored.
>
> Walter's comment on "inline" is correct, but it's probably not a
> "redo this patch" thing, it's more of a "think about this for later"
> thing.  In mm/ that kind of thing would be more serious, but this is
> staging.

Thanks for the guidance, I will take care of this in future.

> My comment on deleting blank lines is something that the patch
> introduced.  We'll need to put the blank lines back for this patch
> to move out of staging.  It would be better if you could send a v2
> patch, but Pavel already Acked the patch and Greg may have merged
> it.

Thanks for the clarifications Dan, I was not able to decide what
to do - submit a new patch or not.
The v2 patch will be over & above the changes that have been by my previous
patch, right?

Harsh