Re: Opinion about Linux Foundation courses

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 05:08:08PM -0700, Adarsh Joshi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The documentation is great but I think Andre means that the courses give
> more confidence.

Why?

> I am a kernel newbie as well and as all beginners are suggested, I have
> subscribed to kernel.org mailing lists. I do understand some of the mails
> but not most of them. It just gets a bit overwhelming most of the times
> which is not very helpful.

Then don't subscribe to the lists, but start with the documentation that
we have.  It's a lot.  Then ask specific questions on the kernelnewbies
mailing list if you have them, or on the subsystem mailing lists.

> It would be great if there is there any documentation on how to interpret
> these emails and start working on them.

Ask questions about them, we don't know what you are having problems
with unless you say.

thanks,

greg k-h