<cite>
From: Jeff Garzik
It is highly recommended to always compile with CONFIG_ISAPNP=y due
to these differences.  If you grep around for CONFIG_ISAPNP versus
CONFIG_ISAPNP_MODULE, you'll see that many drivers are woefully_
unprepared for isapnp support compiled as a module.

Yep..  grep for CONFIG_ISAPNP, look at the code, and evaluate it to make
sure that isapnp works for that drivers regardless of whether CONFIG_ISAPNP -or-
CONFIG_ISAPNP_MODULE is defined. </cite>

So I would reformulate the first task and remove the second task and
maybe the last CONFIG_ISAPNP_MODULE from pnp.h.
Any objections?

Henrik Kretzschmar