Re: code after return

For concreteness, here is one example (extra break in the default case):

	switch (init_attr->qp_type) {
	case IB_QPT_RC:
		qp = kzalloc(sizeof(*qp), GFP_KERNEL);
		if (!qp) {
			pr_debug("%s: Unable to allocate QP\n", __func__);
			return ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM);
		}
		spin_lock_init(&qp->lock);
		if (pd->uobject) {
			/* userspace specific */
		}

		err = c2_alloc_qp(to_c2dev(pd->device),
				  to_c2pd(pd), init_attr, qp);

		if (err && pd->uobject) {
			/* userspace specific */
		}

		break;
	default:
		pr_debug("%s: Invalid QP type: %d\n", __func__,
			init_attr->qp_type);
		return ERR_PTR(-EINVAL);
		break;
	}