Re: another KJ project: trashing obsolete documentation

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:43:30PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   it occurs to me that a useful project would be to identify anything
> under the Documentation/ directory that no longer has any value and
> can be removed, just to keep readers from being misled by out-of-date
> documentation.
>
>   anything there that looks eminently removable?

That should not be a KJ project.

I've already removed some of the worst documentation.

The problem is that most documentation still contains some valuable
bits.

And letting janitors judge what "no longer has any value" could easily
result in a fiasco similar to what happened when janitors discovered
checkpatch.

> rday

cu
Adrian