modpost warning by default on missing Module.symvers

Hi Masahiro,

I recently noticed that in commit 4475dff55c54 ("kbuild: fix false-positive
modpost warning when all symbols are trimmed") [1] you modified the modpost
behavior to always warn (by passing `-w`) when there are missing Module.symver
files in order to allow module builds to continue building with warnings
instead of errors. I'm curious why you decided to not continue to rely on
KBUILD_MODPOST_WARN to enable/disable that functionality?

I personally find it useful to keep these types of warnings as errors in order
to catch missing dependencies at build time (ideally by the CI build) instead
of at runtime when a module fails to load due to a missing symbol dependency.

Let me know your thoughts on this and I'll try to come up with a solution to
factor in any concerns you have.

Thanks,
Will

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20210325185412.2352951-3-masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx/