Re: [GIT PULL] Kbuild updates for v5.18-rc1

I pulled this, and then immediately unpulled.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 5:09 AM Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  - Change the .config format to use CONFIG_FOO=n instead of
>    "# CONFIG_FOO is not set"

This is unacceptable.

The change was apparently made to make automation easier, at the
expense of making it harder for people to parse.

That is not a valid tradeoff.

I _look_ at my config files. Constantly. I don't want some mess where
it's really damn hard to visually tell the difference between "this is
enabled" and "this is not enabled".

So no, I'm not pulling this kind of horrible "make it simpler for
automation, and harder for humans" to read.

                Linus