No stripping options for vmlinux in kbuild

Hi all,

I am trying to understand if there is any existing option in kbuild to enable stripping of debug symbols from final vmlinux image and could not find anything.  Generally once CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO is enabled in config, everyone expects both vmlinux ( stripped) and vmlinux.debug ( unstripped) to be built so that vmlinux can be used in production and vmlinux.debug can be archived for debugging later. It seems to be generating only unstripped vmlinux as of now.

We can always do stripping as a separate command or script but it will be really nice to have this in-built into kbuild.
So it could be something like if generated vmlinux has debug info then strip it and keep both stripped and unstripped versions.
Possibly in /scripts/link-vmlinux.sh ( during or post linking vmlinux).

I am not sure if I have missed some option so checking with you all.

Vimal Agrawal