Re: unwanted built-ins

On 11/12/20 10:46 AM, jrun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 07:14:52PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>> Yeah, that may be the right thing to do, but it would take
>> a lot of build testing. My laptops don't have enough horsepower
>> for all of that (multiple configs * multiple arch-es).
>>
>> --
>> ~Randy
>>

> me no horsepower too but who does? i mean i could slam together couple of low
> hanging candidates like those in a patch and submit (where? e.g. linux-drm?)
> but, do you think it's worth the effort?

It wouldn't take much effort to create such patches.
The effort would probably be more in justifying them and then
getting maintainers to merge them. Then they would go into the
linux-next tree(s) and hundreds (or more) people could test them,
along with several bots.

Unless the kernel build maintainer would put them into the
linux-kbuild tree for linux-next testing.  :)

BTW, reply-to-all is appropriate/common for Linux development,
not just reply-to-list.

thanks.
--
~Randy