Re: Kbuild support for rebuilding a single driver gone?

Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please check this:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11649263/
>

> It will be included in the next pull request,
> and eventually back-ported to stable kernels.

Thanks.  That was really fast!

I can confirm that this patch fixes the issue.

> Meanwhile, if M= build is not important,
> you can compile-test a particular module
> with in-tree build:
>

> $ make drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.ko

Yes, I know.  I use the M= build to do some basic load/run testing on
distro kernels.  Which is obviously a best effort thing. But it saves me
some time when it works, not needing to build and boot a more recent
kernel to just test a simple driver patch.

Bjørn