Some header files being ignored when calculating srcversion

Hi all,

I'm working on a kernel module and noticed that sometimes my changes
to certain header files don't affect the module's srcversion hash.
This matters because tools like dkms will refuse to upgrade a module
if the new hash is the same as the one currently installed.

The files being ignored are those that are not (however indirectly)
included by a .c placed in the same directory. In my case, I have a
header which is included by several .c files placed in other
directories; changes to this header won't affect the final srcversion
hash.

The cause of this seems to be this check in sumversion.c:

/* Check if this file is in same dir as objfile */
if ((strstr(line, dir)+strlen(dir)-1) == strrchr(line, '/')) {
    if (!parse_file(line, md)) {
        warn("could not open %s: %s\n",
             line, strerror(errno));
        goto out_file;
    }

}

I'm not sure what's the rationale behind this check, not whether this
behavior is documented anywhere.