[RFC 0/1] mconf: Emacs-like isearch

Hello,

being an Emacs user, I frequently find myself pressing CTRL-s in mconf
to search for some menu entry, especially in large menus.

I decided to implement a basic isearch in mconf and would like to hear
if others find this functionality useful, as well.

The new functionality is started with pressing CTRL-s followed by
characters that form the search string.  To search for further
occurences of an entered string, press CTRL-s instead of further
characters.

For example: to navigate to the USB device drivers, press CTRL-s de ENTER ENTER usb ENTER ENTER

Pressing just CTRL-s subsequently results in line-by-line navigation
through the menu (search for empty strings).

The isearch is terminated by pressing either ESC ESC or ENTER.

Because I expect that errors are found in the code and changes are requested, I
completely left out the documentation part and will add it to V2
should anyone find this functionality useful.

Thanks,

Dirk

Dirk Gouders (1):
  Emacs-like isearch for mconf.

 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h  |   5 ++
 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.c | 140 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.c    |   1 +

2.16.4