Re: Challenges around the usage of different "HOSTCFLAGS" for kernel build configuration and module generation

> make defconfig; make EXTRA_CFLAGS="-g" drivers/md/; objdump -S drivers/md/whatever.o

Such a command looks promising.

* I find it safer when double ampersand will be used as control operator
  instead of semicolon there.

* I get the impression from an other command like "find . -name '?akefile' -exec ack --with-filename EXTRA_CFLAGS '{}' \;"
  that the suggested parameter "EXTRA_CFLAGS" will not achieve an effect
  at places where I am interested in at the moment.

It seems that further fine-tuning can become interesting and challenging
for involved make variables.

Regards,
Markus