Re: Example 3 inclusion, Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt:250

Dne 4.4.2016 v 02:41 C.J. Collier KF7BMP napsal(a):
> Hello Michal and kbuild team,
>
> I think I've spotted an error in the module KBuild / Makefile
> documentation.  I believe that the first condition should be executed
> only if KERNELRELEASE is unset, and the rest should be executed
> unconditionally.  Let me know if I'm misreading it.

The second part is there for the sake of convenience, so that one can
type 'make' in the external module directory and it will try to compile
it against the running kernel. It is not something kbuild needs to see.

Also, please follow Documentation/SubmittingPatches and add your signoff
to patches you send. And ideally send the patch inline.

Thanks,
Michal