Re: Linux 3.0.1 compile problem on different locales..

On 16.8.2011 08:15, Serdar KÖYLÜ wrote:
> Damn gmail ! It's send to your personal mail, not to list :(

Please also do not toppost.

> For my personel know-how, patch kernel Makefile to change build env.
> locale to "C" best solution. This problem can be occurred for other
> langs. in different parts of kernel. Internatinoal linux developers
> cannot be know all trics of other locales, naturally.

People might prefer error messages in their locale. We tried setting
LC_CTYPE=C, which would fix the toupper/tolower problem, but it broke
japanese locales: https://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/24/58. So I'd rather
handle this in kconfig, either use a pure ascii version of tolower() or
create the files in capitals. BTW, can you paste the whole error message
and a few lines before? It's strange that it failed, because both fixdep
and kconfig use tolower(), so they should agree on the filename.

Michal