Re: Where is the end of "menuconfig" entry scope?

2011/1/17 Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>:
> On 15.1.2011 22:35, Filip Honckiewicz wrote:
>> I just want to ask you - Great Developers - where is the end of
>> "menuconfig" entry scope? I read kconfig-language.txt, but there are
>> some lacks in documentation, so I don't know which (and why?)
>> suboption is the last suboption of menuconfig. Is this defined by end
>> of Kconfig file or what?
>
> "menuconfig" does not start a block, semantically it is equivalent to
> "config". Kconfig is able to derive the menu structure from
> dependencies, see "Menu structure" in kconfig-language.txt,
> config/menuconfig only influence how the resulting menu is rendered in
> the frontends. E.g. 'make nconfig' and 'make menuconfig' frontends
> display the menu like
>
> [*] Foo
> [ ]   Bar
> [ ]   Baz
>
> if Foo is "config", and
>
> [*] Foo  --->
> (Bar and Baz hidden in the submenu)
>
> if Foo is "menuconfig".
>
> hth,
> Michal

Thanks!

It helped me a lot and now it's clear. Your example shows everything.
In kconfig-language.txt there is:
 "This is similar to the simple config entry above, but it also gives
a hint to front ends, that all suboptions should be displayed as a
separate list of options." and this "suboptions" fool me that if
there're suboptions than there has to be ending of menuconfig entry;)

Filip