Re: Kconfig add reportoldconfig and updateoldconfig targets

On 13.9.2010 16:38, maximilian attems wrote:
> From: Bastian Blank <waldi@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This patch has been around for a looong time in Debian kernels
> and might be useful for others. The reportoldconfig target
> is used for the official linux-2.6 image builds. It outputs
> to the build log the changed configs and sets any unset to
> it's default.

2.6.26-rc1 has listnewconfig and oldnoconfig, which do more or less the
same. And I think we have enough *config targets already, so unless
there is a problem that is hard to solve with the current kconfig plus
some scripting (*), I'd vote for not adding further special-purpose
*config targets.

(*) Such as the defconfig cleanup that took hours with a brute-force
python script, but was easily achieved by a patch that added the
savedefconfig target.

Michal