Re: Maybe my frequent kernel building could be of some help to the community? And how to build?

Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

It's working for me just be using
  yes '' | make oldconfig

Ok, it seems to be working now, but I do not understand why my version doesn't.

I became so desperate with the fact that I do not understand why my version does not work as expected and with the fact that I am not a Python nor perl nor bash hacker I begun to write the randomizer in plain old php5-cli. Wow, .. how lame you'd say. ;-) It's possible that I will write all thing in it.

Ok. That's all, I give up. I do not understand how this fscking thing works. I do make mrproper inside, then either gzip -cd /proc/config.gz > ./.config followed by make oldconfig or make defconfig and then I execute the following script:

#!/usr/bin/php
<?

function yesno(){
	$x = rand();
	if ($x<getrandmax()/2){ return true; }else{ return false; }
}

function enable_or_not($atoken){
	if (yesno()){
		switch ($atoken){
			case "CONFIG_NET":
				$netenabled = true;
				print("CONFIG_NET=y\n");
				break;
			case "CONFIG_INET":
				if (yesno() and $netenabled){
					print("CONFIG_INET=y\n");
				}else print("# CONFIG_INET is not set\n");
				break;
			default:
				print($atoken."=y\n");
		}
	}else{
		print("# ".$atoken." is not set\n");
	}
}

$stdin = fopen("php://stdin", "r");
while ($inline = fgets($stdin)){
	$m = preg_match("/^(CONFIG_\w+)=([y|n])$/", $inline, $matches);
	if ($m){
		$option = $matches[1];
	}else{
		$m = preg_match("/^# (CONFIG_\w+) is not set$/", $inline, $matches);
		if ($m) { $option = $matches[1]; }else{ $option = false; };
	};
	switch ($option){
		case "CONFIG_MODULES":
			print "CONFIG_MODULES=y";
			break;
		case "CONFIG_NET":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_NET");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_INET":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_INET");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_SMP":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_SMP");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_SYSFS":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_SYSFS");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_PROC_FS":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_PROC_FS");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_PM":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_PM");
			break;
		case "CONFIG_PCI":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_PCI");
		case "CONFIG_BLOCK":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_BLOCK");
		case "CONFIG_HOTPLUG":
			enable_or_not("CONFIG_HOTPLUG");
		default:
			print($inline);
	} // switch
}; // while

?>

Nevertheless when I try to start building make again asks me for options which it should know, as I presume. How it works?

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
"Chcemy waszego dobra!" - powiedział lider
socjaldemokratów. Zaniepokojeni obywatele