Re: [patch 11/18] kconfig CROSS_COMPILE option

> So when I move that file to include/generated I will break users script
> silently - sigh.

It's a possibility.  If so, they will probably have a far easier time
handling a simple change in the location of the file than an entirely
new scheme where there is no simple file that contains the same string.

> Revised patch following your guidelines below.
> Does this look better to you?

Yes, I like it!  I wonder if we might want to treat SUBARCH the same
way, though.  I'm not sure that matters except for the ARCH=um case,
but there I have the impression it has exactly the same utility as
$ARCH otherwise, so it makes sense to me to treat it similarly.

Thanks,
Roland