Re: trying to clarify <module>-y versus <module>-objs

  and just to flog this a bit more, as a followup to my earlier post,
when one sees something like this:

=====
> obj-$(CONFIG_EXT3_FS) += ext3.o
>
> ext3-y  := balloc.o bitmap.o dir.o file.o fsync.o ialloc.o inode.o \
>            ioctl.o namei.o super.o symlink.o hash.o resize.o ext3_jbd.o
>
> ext3-$(CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR)     += xattr.o xattr_user.o xattr_trusted.o
> ext3-$(CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL) += acl.o
> ext3-$(CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY)  += xattr_security.o
=====

any Kconfig variables that are used as they are in those last three
lines above must be strictly boolean -- it would make no sense for
them to be tristate where they could be selected as modular, correct?

(i'm only asking since i have a vague memory of poking around some
kbuild Makefiles once upon a time, and finding something like that
where at least one of the config variables *was* defined as tristate,
which confused the heck out of me.  i'll see if i can locate it
again, as long as my memory isn't failing me.)

rday