Re: [GIT PULL] TPM DEVICE DRIVER: tpmdd-next-6.10-rc1

On Thu May 9, 2024 at 11:04 PM EEST, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are the changes for the TPM driver with a single major new
> feature: TPM bus encryption and integrity protection. The key pair
> on TPM side is generated from so called null random seed per power
> on of the machine [1]. This supports the TPM encryption of the hard
> drive by adding layer of protection against bus interposer attacks.
>
> Other than the pull request a few minor fixes and documentation for
> tpm_tis to clarify basics of TPM localities for future patch review
> discussions (will be extended and refined over times, just a seed).
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-integrity/20240429202811.13643-1-James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Two former PR's (keys, trusted keys) look a bit different as I realized
that my current script does not scale too well. So I do in future use
a method where the subsystem name is picked from MAINTAINERS and I have
crafted aerc templates [1] for each subsystem (also CC lists need
tuning).

This will get better and more polished as I get my scripting more
polished. If anything went wrong, it is mostly because process changes
have their glitches :-)

https://man.archlinux.org/man/aerc-templates.7.en

BR, Jarkko