Re: [RFC V2] IMA Log Snapshotting Design Proposal

I'm still struggling with the "new root of trust" concept.

Something - a user space agent, a third party, etc. - has to
retain the entire log from event 0, because a new verifier
needs all measurements.

Therefore, the snapshot aggregate seems redundant.  It has to
be verified to match the snapshotted events.

A redundancy is an attack surface.  A badly written verifier
might not do that verification, and this permits snapshotted
events to be forged. No aggregate means the verifier can't
make a mistake.