Re: IMA performance regression in 5.10.194 when using overlayfs

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 04:37:31PM -0800, Robert Kolchmeyer wrote:
> > Looking at the dependencies you've identified, it probably makes sense
> > to just take them as is (as it's something we would have done if these
> > dependencies were identified explicitly).
> >
> > I'll plan to queue them up after the current round of releases is out.
>
> Sounds great, thank you!

I've dropped them now as there are some reported bug fixes with just
that commit that do not seem to apply properly at all, and we can't add
new problems when we know we are doing so :)

So can you provide a working set of full backports for the relevant
kernels that include all fixes (specifically stuff like 8a924db2d7b5
("fs: Pass AT_GETATTR_NOSEC flag to getattr interface function")) so
that we can properly queue them up then?

Or, conversely, we can revert the other commits if you think that would
be better?

thanks,

greg k-h