Re: [ima-evm-utils: PATCH 5/5] ima-evm-utils: travis: openssl gost engine

On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 15:07 +0200, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi all,

> > > Yes, for the internal git repo I made this change.   The internal
> > > travis support for bionic is different than the external
> > > travis.   I'll post what I have as an RFC.
> > The internal travis support on ppc defaults to using Bionic, but the
> > way of specifying it is different.
> > +os: linux-ppc64le
> >  language: C
> >  addons:
> >   apt:
>
> @Mimi: As I wrote, I'd suggest moving to docker based travis. I can do it once
> other issues are addressed, if this setup work for your internal travis support
> as well. See examples .travis.yml [1] [2], builds: [3] [4].
>
> Advantages are more realistic builds for distro maintainers (different libc and
> libraries versions, you can test old and new distro releases, etc), but maybe
> that's not what you want/need.
>
> Disadvantage is that sometimes docker releases have temporary packaging related
> issues (first build in [3]; failure in first build [4] is a bug in LTP, corner
> case, which would be otherwise undiscovered a long time).

Nice!  I definitely want to move to a docker based travis.   How should
we move forward?   Should there be a 1.3.1 release now with just the
few changes in the next branch and include the existing travis branch
with changes to address Vitaly's comments?

Mimi