RE: Spec needed for ima-modsig template

That's correct. A user can define a template with any field he wants.

Whether the template is acceptable, it depends on the verifier and on
his requirements. If the template contains all fields necessary for the
verification, that should be fine even if that template contains redundant
information. If there are inconsistencies, the verifier would simply return
an error as verification result. Defining a specification for which combinations
are legitimate would definitely help.

> There are 8-9 different possible IMA log fields, and we have to assume
> the attacker will corrupt any or all of them.

Template data is protected by the TPM. Any corruption can be detected
by comparing the quoted PCRs with the PCRs calculated from the template
digest.

What it remains to be done is to include the template name in the
calculation of the template digest.

Roberto