Re: forever growing ima measurement list

On 12/11/2019 2:26 AM, Janne Karhunen wrote:
I am assuming one of the reasons for keeping the measurement list in
memory is for better performance. If buffered file I/O is supported in
Linux, can that be leveraged for improved file I/O performance?

AFAIK Linux only does buffered io (with LRU) unless sync is being
explicitly asked. Exporting the file would be a rare event, so it will
not hopefully be a performance sensitive operation by any means.

My experience is that the 100's of msec to do a TPM quote signature
makes the rest of the attestation process negligible.

In addition, an optimized system only sends the full log once, and deltas thereafter. It would be nice if there was a fast way to
skip to entry n without parsing the internals of each entry.  Perhaps
this could be added as part of the "copy to a file" enhancement.