Re: linux-tpmdd self signed kernel failing to boot with secreboot on

On 4/25/19 2:47 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:30 AM 'Jordan' via mjg59 <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Under the following circumstances my kernel will not boot:

Will it boot under other circumstances (ie, if you disable Secure
Boot, does it work fine with the patches?)

Yes it works fine if secure boot is disabled.

I have traced kernel boot to the call to efi_exit_boot_services in
arch/x86/boot/compressed/eboot at which point execution terminates. I
see Matthew has made a couple changes in efi_main which calls exit_boot
(and in turn calls efi_exit_boot_services).

Does the boot hang or does the machine reboot?

The boot hangs.

I haven't had a chance yet but I'll try it out with upstream grub this week (instead of the Ubuntu package) and see if maybe its grub doing something weird.