Re: update on IMA on NFS

> On Jul 30, 2018, at 2:16 PM, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I gave a 15 minute presentation on IMA on NFS during the nfsv4 Working Group
> meeting at IETF 102 a couple of weeks ago. Meeting material is here:
>
>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/session/nfsv4
>
> The latest draft describing Integrity Measurement on NFS is here:
>
>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement/
>
> Comments, questions, or corrections to my understanding are welcome.
>

> The largest issue with the proposal remains how to construct a normative
> Internet standard for IMA on NFS without a published standard for IMA itself.
> I've been asked to inquire with the IMA community whether there is any
> interest in or a plan for creating a standard around IMA on local filesystems?

Bump.

I haven't received any response to this question. It is important to know your
plans so I can construct an extension to NFS that can be standardized by the
IETF.

If the answer is "we have no plans and no intention to standardize this work
outside the Linux community" then I can adjust the document and protocol. I
just need a response confirming this is the case.

Thanks!

--
Chuck Lever