violations and invalidated PCR value

Hi Mimi,
I am trying to understand why violations (tomtou, open writers) cause
the aggregated PCR value to be invalidated.

Invalidating the PCR makes clear the file measurement errors, but once
violations are common (when using the (TCB) default policy) it seems
difficult to perform a full attestation process if violations are not
handled.

Is it safe to just report the violations and still perform a full attestation
of the log by replacing zeroed digest with ff..ff? I believe we can safely
detect a violation entry in the log by checking the hash values are zeroes.
Please confirm.

Thank you.
--
Guilherme