Re: IMA-EVM-Utils OpenSSL1.1 interface update

On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 15:14 -0200, Bruno E. O. Meneguele wrote:
> On 04-12, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> > On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 16:15 -0200, Bruno E. O. Meneguele wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I don't really know what are your best interest in update ima-evm-utils
> > > 1.0 package to support OpenSSL 1.1 new interface considering lots of
> > > distros are chaging to it as the default one. Some are maintaining
> > > compatibility packages to OpenSSL 1.0, but usually it remains available
> > > in the official repos for something like 1 or 2 releases and then
> > > removed completely.
> > >
> > > Actually I have a simple/small port of it to OpenSSL 1.1 that I plan to
> > > maintain for Fedora's Rawhide (next release, f28) package. Do you guys
> > > have interest on it? I could post it as a patch.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Yes, I'd really appreciate it.  We need to release the new EVM
> > portable signature support as well.
> >

> Perfect! should I post with some different subject prefix or something
> like that to let things clear that is a patch for the userspace app?

In general, now that we have a shared mailing list with TPM, the
subject line should be prefixed with the kernel subystem (eg. "ima:",
"evm:", "tpm:").

Similarly we could do the equivalent for userspace applications (eg.
"ima-evm-utils:").

Jarkko, is that ok?

Mimi