Re: [tpmdd-devel] tpm device not showing up in /dev anymore

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 01:53:00PM -0700, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible that the release locality from the probe
> isn't completing on the chip until after the request/check that
> happens at the beginning of the tpm_get_timeouts.  Perhaps we need
> something like wait_for_tpm_stat for the access register, and
> verifying that locality was released before returning out of
> release_locality?

This is not a bad guess.. Adding a largish delay after
release_locality might be interesting too.

Are we sure our tis request/release process is even right? Another
options is that the 'check if already in locality' doesn't work on
this chip, or isn't coded right...

Jason