Re: IMA secure_boot rules and the kernel_lockdown manpage

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 14:31 +0000, David Howells wrote:
> Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > This initially enforces kernel modules, firmware, the kernel kexec
> > image, and the IMA policy itself are signed.
>
> "Initially" meaning that this can be changed?

No, I was intending to allow the meaning of the "secure_boot" policy
to change over time.

There's already support for the initramfs to be signed.  With Thiago
Baurmann's "Appended signatures support for IMA appraisal", which is
initially meant for the kexec'ed kernel image, the initramfs can be
signed with an appended signature as well.

Once IMA support for appended signatures is upstreamed, we could
extend the "secure_boot" policy to require the initramfs to be signed
as well.

Mimi