Re: about context gap

On 9/18/2017 2:02 PM, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:

Other than context gap it would probably make sense to estimate TPM
capacity in order to make implementation more intelligent. We could
measure memory capacity of a TPM in the driver initialization by filling
it with fixed size dummy objects.

TPM2_GetCapability gives stuff that cannot be really trusted as spec
compliant TPM HW could just return always '1' for max.

I don't see anything in the TPM specs that claim the TPM can return 1.

E.g., the PC Client spec says that loaded sessions must return a minimum of 3. Active sessions must return a minimum of 64.

I think the resource manager can safely use these getcapability values.