Re: [v2] HID: corsair-void: Add Corsair Void headset family driver

Le 21/08/2024 à 09:26, Markus Elfring a écrit :
This was the case for a while.

Increasing applications of scope-based resource management provide
further opportunities for smaller scopes according to some local variables,
don't they?

Personally I'd rather it just fits in with the rest of the kernel,
but if the general consensus is that new drivers should use tighter
scopes, I can do that instead.

There are the usual communication challenges to consider also especially
with collateral evolution in such software areas.

How do you think about to collaborate with other data structures
than character arrays?

See also:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/coding-style.rst?h=v6.11-rc4#n953

Hm, I picked a character array since all it's doing is sending a
buffer to the device.
There's no published specification to follow, only "Well the Windows
driver sends these bytes and this happens".
So there isn't really a structure that really comes naturally,
especially with all the magic numbers.

I imagine that further development concerns can be adjusted accordingly.

Unless you're suggesting I just do `unsigned char send_buf[3] = {...}`?

Hi,

If I recollect correctly, there may be an alignment issue and just using the stack is not enough to guaranty what is needed.

CJ

Such a programming approach might also look promising.