Re: Should adp5589-keys driver be removed?

On Sat, 2024-07-13 at 22:34 -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Hi Michael, Nuno, Utsav,
>
> I am looking at the adp5589-keys driver and it only supports
> configuration via platform data and there are no users of it in the
> mainline kernel. We should either remove it if it is no longer relevant,
> or change it to use generic device properties so that it can actually be
> used on modern systems.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Dmitry,

I think that driver is still relevant (Michael can better confirm it). I'll do a
similar refactor as I did for the adp5588.

Please just bear in mind that with summer vacations and all of that it may take me a
bit longer to send a patchset but I'll definitely take care of it.

Thanks!
- Nuno Sá