Re: Xinput Controllers No Longer Working

Hi, Thorsten here, the Linux kernel's regression tracker. Top-posting
for once, to make this easily accessible to everyone.

Dmitry, Edward seems to have some regression with Xinput Controllers no
Longer Working since v6.8..v6.9 and still not working with mainline. The
thread starts here:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CABRw72orHLEqpAS%3DcW1ThGkVUW0juqc7Y_-N2%3Do-k0rSqgpLxA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Dmesg files are attached to the parent of this mail. I briefly looked
into them but no obvious problem jumped out to me untrained eyes.

Edward, with a bit of luck Dmitry might have an idea what's wrong here.
But if not you might need to perform a git bisection to find the change
that broke things:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/verify-bugs-and-bisect-regressions.html

That process would also rule out that some config change on the Fedora
side causes this.

Ciao, Thorsten

--
Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr

P.S.: let me add this to the tracking:

#regzbot report /
#regzbot introduced v6.8..v6.9
#regzbot title input: Xinput Controllers No Longer Working
#regzbot ignore-activity