Fnlock for Lenovo TrackPoint Keyboard II in USB mode

First time for me posting in a kernel mailing list, I was kindly
instructed by ValdikSS on how to do so.

I have a TrackPoint Keyboard II that was working for me normally in
the 5.18 kernel (debian). Then I updated directly to kernel 6.5 and I
started having problems with the middle click pasting text when
scrolling and the fnlock button not changing the F1-12 functions nor
changing the led. I updated to 6.6.8 and the middle click problem is
gone but since the 6.5 update I also lost the ability to change fnlock
with fn+esc. Do you experience the same?

What I currently do is change between android and windows mode on the
keyboard physical switch. Those have different fnlock initial default
state. windows mode locks F1-F12 keys and android locks media keys
like volume up/down. Before the update everything worked fine.

I also found discussions regarding a patched firmware
https://lore.kernel.org/all/?q=trackpoint

So maybe it is not related.

I tried to force pre-5.19 behaviour by using `modprobe -r hid-lenovo`
as ValdikSS suggested but that doesn't recover the fnlock
functionality and I lose scrolling with the trackpoint.

I will summarize the quirks of each mode:

* USB wireless connection and switch in android mode (what I currently use)

-- Fnlock stays locked with the multimedia functions. Esc key led off.

-- Fn has no effect so I can't input F1-F12. That is maybe the reason
why fn+esc doesn't change fnlock

* USB wireless connection and switch in windows mode

-- Fnlock led is on so F1-F12 work and can't be changed

-- Fn + F1-F12 executes multimedia functions

I don't use this mode because I use the multimedia more than F1-F12
but I switch to it manually when some program needs the keys

* Bluetooth connection in windows mode

-- Fnlock can be changed with fn+esc

-- Key combinations like shift+volumeUP don't work while they do in
the USB connection

-- I can't use the keyboard until the bluetooth is up so I have to
input my full disk encryption password with another keyboard or switch
to USB mode.

* Bluetooth connection in windows mode

-- Same as previous mode but fnlock can't be changed

Is there a workaround for any of the issues?

Thanks