Suspected bug in hid-microsoft.c

Resending without HTML:

Hi,

I hope this is the correct contact for this report, I found you as the
maintainer in the hid-microsoft.c.

I believe there is a bug in the microsoft bluetooth driver for the
Xbox Elite Series 2 controller.  I have been experiencing issues with
it that I initially thought were SDL related.  However the SDL team
seems to think this is driver related. My SDL bug report information
is here:

https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/issues/8907

Basically, SDL reads the controller correctly when connected by USB,
and if I run "controllermap" with root permission, but with user
permissions it misreads the number of buttons as 122, the first paddle
button on the back seems to act like the "screenshot" button from the
1914 controller, and the other paddle buttons are not read.  All
buttons read fine with evites, but the paddle buttons "KEY_UNKNOWN"

type 1 (EV_KEY), code 240 (KEY_UNKNOWN), value 0

Please let me know if there is a better contact for this, or if there
is anything I can do to help identify the problem.

Cheers